Self Employed:

Start up Visa:

Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:

  • Are innovative
  • Can create jobs for Canadians
  • Can compete on a global scale

Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.

There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business. Canada’s advantages include:

  • A strong economy
  • Low taxes
  • Low business costs
  • Excellence in research and innovation
  • A high quality of life

Care givers Program

To take advantage of the Live-in Caregiver Program to apply for Permanent Residence status in Canada, you must have already obtained a valid work permit before securing a care-giving position, where you provide in-home support care for seniors and the disabled as well as child care.

Qualified temporary workers who wish to apply for permanent resident status through the Live-In Caregiver Program must submit their application and:

  • Live in a Canadian private household for a minimum of two years
  • Accumulate 3,900 hours as a qualified caregiver within 22 months (maximum overtime 390 hrs allowed)
  • Show proof that you have completed a secondary school education equivalent to Canadian standards and have a minimum of 6 months’ training or at least one year of experience working as a care-giver, full-time and within the last 3 years
  • Show evidence that the live-in caregiver’s work permit processed through the Live-In Caregiver Program was granted based on the Nov., 2014 Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada Labour Market Impact Assessment.
  • Produce a contract in writing, from your future or current employer, stating an offer of employment, which is signed by both parties.

Caregivers: Caring for people with high medical needs

This category covers those caregivers who have the special training and experience in order to properly and safely care for people with disabilities and conditions that require expertise. You must qualify for this program by having a minimum of 2 years’ full-time experience working in Canada during the 4 years prior to submitting your application in one of the following NOC occupations:

  • Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses ( 3012)
  • Licensed practical nurses ( 3233)
  • Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates ( 3413)
  • Home support workers and related occupations ( 4412) (excluding Housekeepers)
  • If you got your work experience in Canada as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) or as a licensed practical nurse (NOC 3233), you must:
  • Show documentation proving you’re registered with the province you’re working in and licensed to practice in Canada if that is where you earned your experience as an Registered Nurse (3012) or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse (3233)